Configuring Samba

Rod Jenkins RodJ at IowaTelecom.com
Thu Mar 1 22:56:42 GMT 2001

I am attempting to connect through network neighborhood.  I got the
connectivity issue resolved by adding the server to lmhosts.  I don't think
I should have had to do that.

Now the problem is, a pop up saying incorrect password or unknown username
for: \\MYSERIVER.
It prompts me for a login.  I give a valid login and I get this account is
not authorize to login from this station.

Thanks,
Rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ash Ridley [mailto:ash.ridley at epostbox.screaming.net]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 4:18 PM
To: 'Rod Jenkins'
Subject: RE: Configuring Samba

Rod,

Access denied suggests that you either havent set the 'hosts allow' setting
in the SMB.CONF file or you are trying to login with a user who genuinly
doesnt have either access rights or a valid username/password.

Network path not found however suggests the share name you are trying to
access doesnt exists. However you dont mention how you try and connect
(through network neighbourhood or via UNC in the run box or command prompt).
Again the 'hosts allow' setting mentioned above may have something to do
with this.

It woupld be helpful if you could provide more info on your setup and how
you are trying to connect though

HTH

Ash