What is the full story with roaming profiles?

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 13:43:20 GMT 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:28:36 +1000, you wrote:

>In searching through the immediate past archives of this digest I discovered
>the Bryan Feir submission of  the 22 November 2000 and I have read the Samba
>DOMAINS.txt  document but some of the story still appears to be untold here.
You have to read the DOMAINS.txt included in 2.0.7.
>All discussion appears to be on work arounds.  Is either logon path or a
>profile share automatically mapped to H: by Samba and if this is a "feature"
>is there a way of turning it off?
Yes, win9x just sees one parameter (either logon path or logon home).
Before 2.0.6 samba would pass to win9x the "logon path" parameter, since
2.0.6 "logon home" is used. Win9x cannot have both profiles outside of
the homeshare and net use /home working at the same time.
See 2.0.7 DOMAIN.txt and man smb.conf for details.

giulioo at pobox.com