status of undelete

Hans Harder harder at brinkman.nl
Thu Mar 1 13:15:35 GMT 2001

Hi,

Look in the samba mailinglist(februari) for the patch of
a safe delete by Rogier Wolff

Our company asked Rogier to make an undelete possible
in Samba.

Current implementation:
- With each share you can define a trashcan directory.
- If defined, instead of deleting the file, the file
  is copied to the trashcan directory with a new unique
  filename.
- the original filename & path is kept in a seperate file
- The sysop can do a cleanup of the trashcan directory
  and decides how often he does this, after a backup or
  when files are older than 2 days or whatever ..
  Just create your own script and run it by cron

Currently we are testing this on one of our sites.

Hans
Royal Brinkman
The Netherlands