A problem between smbclient and a share with windows 3.11

victor3.lopes at voila.fr victor3.lopes at voila.fr
Thu Mar 1 08:50:18 GMT 2001

>    1. A problem between smbclient and a share with windows 3.11 (victor3.lopes at voila.fr)
>    2. RE: A problem between smbclient and a share with windows 3.11 (Allen, Michael B (RSCH))

> hi,
> I have a little problem with samba.
> I use samba 2.0.3 on a linux 2.0.38 system. I want do a netbios
> connexion between my linux system and a share on a windows 3.11 system.
>
> I make correctly the connexion with smbclient, and when type
> ls or dir, smbclient respond with
>
> Error: Looping in FIND_NEXT??
>
> What the problem, which parameter to set in configuration of smb.conf
> to do resolve the problem.
>
> thanks for your help ! :3)

Thanks for your response !
I will try your advices...
I found other feature, a ls/dir command send
a  Error: Looping in FIND_NEXT??
But the get or put commands in the directory during connection do
normally when they're used !
When i insist with the ls/dir command, the ip stack on the windows 3.11
go down, but don't crash the pc and no respond at the ping command.