NT Domains & accessing Samba Server

yarond yaron.daniel at telrad.co.il
Wed Jan 31 17:05:11 GMT 2001

Hello Alin

well I try to play with my config files, but it did not work
when i join a samba server to one domain his netbios name always points to this server.

But what i succeed to make is this:

I succeed making one way trust between the two NT Domains.Thats mean : i can access form "Dom1" all off my Samba-server that i joined to "Dom1" and also access all the Samba-servers that i joined to "Dom2". without any need to make any authentication.

But the users that login to "Dom2" can access only the Samba-servers in "Dom2".

i did it with this steps:
1) on "samba1" : /opt/samba/smbpasswd -j Dom1
2) on "samba2" : /opt/samba/smbpasswd -j Dom2
3) make trust in the NT Domain, Dom2 is trusted by Dom1.
4) I got on each NT domain same-user (i did not check if i need this) i think that only one will work too.

Thanks anyway

bye bye