security=share & encrypt passwords with NT as a client

uaca at alumni.uv.es uaca at alumni.uv.es
Wed Jan 31 12:54:34 GMT 2001

Hi all

I have been using successfully samba 2.0.7 with:

security = share
encrypt passwords = yes
a smbpasswd file

and Win9x & WinME clients. These clients are not in the same workgroup as
the samba server.

When I try to connect to the share and I enter the user/password the samba
server does'nt let to access the share:

[2001/01/26 16:19:29, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection(284)
  Invalid username/password for download

The NT client has SP4, acording to docs I understand this setup should work.

Enough information? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

	Ulisses

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso

--->	Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la	<---
--->	Asociación Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux		<---