Easy printing

Peter Michael Düppenbecker peter at dueppenbecker.de
Wed Jan 31 11:25:21 GMT 2001

Hi,

I often have to configure different printers on different Linux servers. But
I hate the configuration with tools like YaST and the APS-filter. In my
opinion they are much to complicated for my needs because I only want to
send RAW-data from Win-Clients to the printers with the help of Samba.

So my question: Knows anybody a very simple solution which works on every
system and doesn't need APS-filter or so. Is there a general /etc/printcap
file? (in 99.9% the printer is connected to lp0).
Have I to use the lpd-daemon?

Thanks in advance

MfG PMD