(no subject)

Bernhard Pallas ABC-PALLAS at t-online.de
Tue Jan 30 20:19:19 GMT 2001

Hallo friend of Samba

in addition to the problem of Doug Jolley I recognized, that
samba is very, very, very slow if MS-Access tries to access another
MS_Access Database on the Linux Box, powerd with Samba.
Normally I have tranfers between 3.500 and 4.500 kbytes/sec (writing) and
2.500 to 3.500 kbytes/sec (reading)!
THe Client is a Athlon K7/1000  with 256MB and a 3C905 NIC running Win2K.
The Server is a AMD K6-2/500 with 128MB Ram and a Intel100/Pro, running
SuSe Linux 7.0, Kernel 2.2.18, reiserfs and Samba 2.0.7 with Share-Security.
Can anybody help me?
Thank in advance for all
Bernhard