SAMBA 2.0.[57] && SMB passwords

Phil Fisher phil.fisher at treepax.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 16:50:11 GMT 2001

Dear Samba-ites
we have found some confusion in looking at the documentation for use of
SMB passwords.  We have a situation where some systems have encryption
(i.e. winME) and others have none.  What is not clear by experimentation
data sniffing or documentation is whether Samba will deal with both cases
using the same SMB.CONF file (my caps.).

can you elucidate please?

regards

(P.S.  If this information is in the Samba book, please provide reference for
it as we have this.  To be clear, we have looked at the FAQ, HTML docs and
the book before submitting this email.)

Phil.
--
phil.fisher at treepax.co.uk	http://www.treepax.co.uk
(T) +44 191 516 6355		(F) +44 191 516 6354