Samba 2.0.7 - W2K native mode

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Jan 29 15:05:01 GMT 2001

Hello Martin,
You mention that you recreated the machine account after you moved from
mixed to native mode; did you verify that the box that enables pre Win2k
machines to use the account was checked when you re-created it?
You also mention that you changed from 'password server = *' to explicitly
naming the domain controllers in your win2k domain, and that didn't work
either.  Could you try explictly naming ONLY the root DC for the Win2k
domain, and see if that helps?
hope so,
Don