Samba and Lmhosts: HELP NEEDED

werner maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 26 12:57:29 GMT 2001

Why we don't want to use one central WINS-server?
We have several departements who still want to work (logon)
when the central WINS server is down or when the network connection to the
WINS server is down. When you have one central WINS server for all the domain
servers, you have a 'single point of failure'.

Someone told me that there is a patch available that allows a WINS server
to interact (query) other WINS servers. Have you heard of this?

Thanks alot,

Werner Maes
LUDIT-KULeuven