Samba and Lmhosts: HELP NEEDED

Curtis Maurand curtis at maurand.com
Fri Jan 26 12:35:36 GMT 2001

That scheme is why WINS was developed in the first place.  All machines on
the network should be talking to the same WINS server regardless of the
domain.  that will solve your problem.  The WINS server could be halfway
around the world.  As long as hosts on your network can query it, it'll
work.

Curtis