Printing

Dustin Butler dustin at intrcomm.net
Fri Jan 26 03:45:18 GMT 2001

Hi David,
I am experiencing this same problem.  I have 2 OKIDATA OL 1200 printers
setup on 2 different linux boxes.  One is a local printer and one is
connected to a print server.  Box 1 is the local printer which prints a
blank page after every print job.  Box 2 does not print a blank page.  I
print to both using the same driver, HP Laserjet 4.  I also changed Box 1 to
use load printers = yes and it still printed a blank page after the print
job.  Maybe somebody will see where the page is coming from.

=====
Box 1
=====

/etc/printcap
-------------
OKIDATA:sd=/var/spool/lpd/OKIDATA:mx#0:sh:lp=/dev/lp0:

/etc/smb.conf
-------------
printcap name = /etc/printcap
#load printers = yes

[OKIDATA]
path = /var/spool/samba
comment = In Development Room
postscript = no
printable = yes
writeable = no
create mask = 0700
browseable = yes
guest ok = no
directory mask = 0700
write list =
printer = OKIDATA

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = no
guest ok = no
writable = no
printable = yes

=====
BOX 2
=====

printcap
--------
Okidata:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp0:mx#0:sh:rm=np559775:rp=raw1:

smb.conf
--------
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes