Samba and NT - Synchronizing Accounts

Chris Andrew candrew at oxspring.com
Thu Jan 25 16:20:49 GMT 2001

Hi List,

I am in the process of setting up a samba server (2.0.7 on Linux RH 6.2)
that will sit in an NT domain. The NT is a PDC.

I plan to set security = server and let the PDC do the authentication. I
understand however that the Linux still requires the relevant user accounts
for I/O operations.

My question is this: What is the best way to synchronize the accounts from
the PDC (whenever they are changed / added / deleted) to the Linux.

I've also got to think of how to initially get the accounts from the PDC
onto the Linux without manually typing them in.

I would very much appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Chris