Samba Public Share Problem

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Jan 25 16:11:54 GMT 2001

Assuming you have version 2.X of samba, you need to add the global setting
of 'map to guest = Bad User', which tells samba to, as it implies, map
anyone trying to connect who lacks a valid UID to the guest account. This
used to be done with a compilation option, if you are used to samba 1.9.X.
Let me know if this does the trick for you. Good luck!

			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation