samba in an NT Domain?

Andreas Hoedle hoedle at kwsoft.de
Thu Jan 25 11:03:26 GMT 2001

Larry Clark wrote:
> is anyone using a samba server with in an NT domain where it is
> authenticating users back to the NT domain controller? if so I would
> like to here from you and see your smb.conf file thanks....larry

======================================
;
; /etc/smb.conf
;
; Copyright (c) 1999 SuSE GmbH Nuernberg, Germany.
;
; Angepasst August 2000 k&w
;
[global]
  workgroup = <your Domainname>
  netbios name = <your Sambaserver>
  server string = Samba %v on %L (Serverraum UG)
  announce version = 4.0
  guest account = nobody

; Inaktive Client Connections abbrechen
  keep alive = 60
  deadtime = 5
  os level = 2
  guest ok = yes

; Keine performance optionen ein
  kernel oplocks = false
  oplocks = no
  log level = 1
  max log size = 1000
  max open files = 1000

; Differenzen der Filesysteme ausgleichen
  map archive = yes
  map system = yes
  map hidden = yes
  dos filetimes = yes
  dos filetime resolution = yes

; Keine Druckerfreigaben
  printing = bsd
  printcap name = /etc/printcap
  load printers = no

; Kleine Packet zulassen, ?
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
  map to guest = Bad User

; Passwort Anfragen an BDC
; Samba nicht als Master Browser
  security = domain
  encrypt passwords = yes
  password server = <your BDC> <your PDC>
  username map = /etc/smbuser.map
  local master = no

Note :
1.) You have to create all users which will connect in your /etc/passwd
(but not in /etc/smbpasswd). The user must have the same username as in
the domain. Usernames which are to long  can be matched using the
"username map".

2.) You must add an account to your Domain with your Samba-Netbiosname.
The type "smbpasswd -j <your domain> -r <your PDC>" on the SAMBA-Server
to join the domain.

Hope this helps

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)