newbie question.. please help

Morrison, Bradley A. bradm at unocal.com
Wed Jan 24 17:56:50 GMT 2001

I don't have an answer, but I *would* like to know the inverse, i.e., how do
I force Win9x clients to provide a password when establishing shares?  I
know, it's weird, but we just got stung by a PC user who opened a Love Bug
attachment while attached to a major, top-level UNIX directory full of
Landmark data (20,000+ JPEGs clobbered).  Management had me turn Samba off,
it's been off for more than two weeks, now, and I've been spending more time
in meetings than usual, lately--bleah.

Hope none of you were eating when you read this... :-\