nmbd wont start

Keith Reynolds kreynolds at ascensionhealth.org
Tue Jan 23 21:07:30 GMT 2001

When I start Samba with a ./smb start, the smbd piece starts but the nmbd piece does not.  In the log for nmb I see:

2001/01/22 14:55:52, 1  nmbd/nmbd.c:main(757)
 Netbios nameserver version 2.0.7 started.
 Copyright Andrew Tridgell 1994-1998
2001/01/22 14:55:52, 0  nmbd/nmbd_subnetdb.c:create_subnets(242)
 create_subnets: No local interfaces !
2001/01/22 14:55:52, 0  nmbd/nmbd.c:main(817)
 ERROR: Failed when creating subnet lists. Exiting.

Could someone please interpret this for me and send me in the right direction?  I'm running on SuSE Linux 7.0.

Thanks,
Keith

NOTE: This e-mail message may contain information that may be privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure.  It is intended for use only by
the person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message in
error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it
immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible by telephone at the
telephone number below or by the reply option.  Thank you.