configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Faber Fedor faberfedor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 17:51:45 GMT 2001

What I did was simply to set up a symlink between gcc and /usr/ucb/cc, like
this:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/ucb/cc

and all is well (assuming, of course, that your gcc is in /usr/local/bin :-)

HTH!

--- Super-User <masweeney at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First I would like to mention that my UNIX skills suck, but I have been
> tasked with getting Samba installed on my Solaris 8.0 Intel platform.
> I have installed all the latest patches and the gcc complier from
> www.freesunware.com and setup my $PATH env. I have been successful
> compling other apps such as Tomcat and Apache, but for what ever resaon
> I can get the ./configure to run in order to get my make file.

<snip>

> Now if I run cc from the same location I  get this
>
> # cc
> /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
>

> Any Ideas?
>

> Thanks a bunch

=====
Sincerely,

Faber Fedor
LinuxNJ.com - Linux and Open Source solutions for New Jersey

http://www.linuxnj.com