authentication problem (jlg)

guenche guenche at uapar.edu
Tue Jan 23 14:11:09 GMT 2001

Hi all.
I have configured samba with the follow smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
path = /home/sistemas
smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
add user script = /usr/local/bin/add_user
domain master = Yes
auto services = sistemas
update encrypted = Yes
encrypt passwords = Yes
time server = Yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
wins support = true
max log size = 50
logon script = Inicio.bat
restrict anonymous = Yes
security = share
domain logons = Yes
unix password sync = True
log level = 0
workgroup = TEST
server string = Te conectaste al QUIJOTE Samba Server =:)
message command = csh -c 'xedit $s; rm $s' &
comment = Server QUIJOTE
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
netbios name = QUIJOTE
load printers = No
os level = 43
preferred master = Yes
logon home = \\tucker.redaces\$U\
logon drive = x:

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
path = /homes/sistemas/%U
force user = %U
writeable = yes
read only = No
browseable = no

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
guest ok = Yes
print ok = Yes
browseable = No

[netlogon]
path = /home/samba/netlogon
valid users = +users
admin users = %U, jlg, root
read list = +users
write list = @root
create mask = 0747
browseable = No

[sistemas]
comment = Carpeta sistemas
path = /home/sistemas/
read only = yes
public = yes
valid users = rac, at sistemas
admin users = jlg, rac, @root

[todos]
comment = Carpeta Compartida
path = /tmp
admin users = jlg
force group = users
read only = No
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
guest ok = Yes

And when i connect from windows 98 to sistemas or homes folder the
system request me login and passwd but i can't connect with the correct
passwd and user, but if try to connect to todos folder (that is link to /tmp in
the machine linux redhat 7) it is ok.
I believe that have permisions problems and then i probe: chmod 777 /directory
but i have the same problem.
Any ideas? Thanks...