workgroup and samba 2.x

Jean Frontin frontin at irit.fr
Tue Jan 23 14:14:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I apologize if somebody answered this question but I didn't remember.

We upgrade samba in version 2.x and we have not change anything else.
We use a "smbtar" which deos not work only on stations where in "smb.conf"
we have the variable "workgroup = ADMIN"

With previous version it was OK. If we change the workgroup in an other
value it's OK !

pc domain has the same name "admin" as workgroup

Thanks

Jean Frontin                 *
I. R. I. T.                  *
University Paul Sabatier     * phone  (33) 561 55 63 03
118, route de Narbonne       * fax    (33) 561 55 62 58
31062 Toulouse cedex 04      * e-mail frontin at irit.fr
FRANCE                       *