samba digest, Vol 1 #260 - 13 msgs

Andreas Hoedle hoedle at kwsoft.de
Mon Jan 22 10:00:45 GMT 2001

samba-request at lists.samba.org schrieb:
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:43:10 -0800
> To: lunix <lunix at boztek.com.au>, samba at lists.samba.org
> From: "Christopher D. Reimer" <creimer at rahul.net>
> Subject: Re: Network dropouts with larger than 5mb tranfers ???
>
> At 08:29 PM 1/20/2001, lunix wrote:
> >Hiya peeps,
> >                 I am succesfully using samba 2.07 (installed from
> > tarball) on a redhat
> >7.0 server. I have domain logins and roaming profiles werking perfectly.
> >The only problem I have is when more than 5mb is moved at a time to a
> >samba share the network  completely drops out. I then have to do
> >/etc/init.d/network restart to recover. I have the following hardware :
>
> I have the same problem using a SuSE 6.3 installation, typically when doing
> a batch transfer of 100MB+ of files while using Windows Explorer, and the
> network access on the Samba server dies completely.  I was previously
> informed on this list that this wasn't a "samba problem" and more likely a
> kernel/network/something problem.  The only work around that I found is to
> use a non-Microsoft file browser, such as 2xExplorer.
>
> Christopher Reimer

Hello

some time ago i had a very similar problem. It was finally resolved with
a new SCSI-driver. The odd thing was that on the server machine
everything works fine with the old SCSI-driver with only SAMBA under
some condition as exception. You should try to use other
hardisc-controller/network hardware to check if your problem arise from
something like that.

Hope this helps

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)