browsing problem

Alin Osan aline at home.ro
Mon Jan 22 07:00:22 GMT 2001

On 21 Jan 2001, at 12:58, Arne Kaiser wrote:

> Hi Alin,
> the master browser = yes option doesnt work (testparm: "unknown
> parameter).
>
> I add the global section of my smb.conf. I thing something else must
> be wrong because the linux box doesnt loose the election who becomes
> the master browser,  he doesnt even try.
>
> Thanks
>
> Arne

Add the next 4 lines to [global] and restart samba:

domain master = Yes
local master = Yes
preferred master = Yes
os level = 65

This must work if samba is configured properly. If it is not working
send a copy of smb.conf and a short description of the nnetwork
(interface, IP address, if you have a LAN or connected to the
internet etc.)

Alin Osan
Network Administrator
"Fundatia Casa"