Using Samba as an NT-profile-server

Thomas Langås tlan at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Jan 19 21:55:01 GMT 2001

Martin Radford:
> [profile]
> path = %H/.profile/`/usr/local/samba/etc/labdependent %M`/
> where /usr/local/samba/etc/labdependent would be a script taking a
> single argument, and having a string as output.  This could be made
> arbitrarily complex - for example, you could allow certain users to
> connect only from certain machines.

This would actually be a better solution than the one I had :-)

> I'm not really a coder, so I'm not volunteering to produce a patch.
> But does this look like a sensible way of doing this?

If someone could tell me a bit about the code, I could easily add the needed
code for this little patch. I don't enough time to actually read the whole
sambacode, but if someone let me in a couple of secrets with the code, this
won't take much time.

--
-Thomas