W2K/2.2 (CVS)/PDC problem.

Ken D'Ambrosio kend at employees.org
Fri Jan 19 19:53:41 GMT 2001

Hiya.  I'm trying to get a 2.2 PDC working, and am hitting a brick wall.
I've tried to make sure I'm in compliance with the 2.2 HOWTO and FAQ, but
it doesn't seem to be helping.

- I've added both root and my pc's "hostname" to smbpasswd, and the
  hostname itself to the passwd file, as per the HOWTO.
- I swiped the smb.conf and /etc/rc.d/init.d/samba files from the
  HOWTO, and modified as per the directions for my own domain.
- I can surf to the domain and the host via W2K, look at the shares, etc.,
  BUT, when I try to add the PC to the domain (again, as per the HOWTO,
  and as user "root"), I get 'The following error occured validating the
  name "domtest".  The specified domain either does not exist or could not
  be contacted.'

Below is my smb.conf file; feel free to point out *anything* I might be
doing wrong, as I'd really, really like to get at least domain logins
working.

Thanks!

-Ken

-------------------- smb.conf file ------------------------------

[global]
   security = user
   status = yes
   workgroup = xantest
   wins server = 10.20.1.1
   encrypt passwords = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon script = scripts\%U.bat
   domain admin group = @adm
   domain admin users = root
   add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
   guest account = nobody
   share modes=no
   os level=65
   domain master = true