Tar from Linux box to a Sunbox

Tim Lazaro tlazaro at drbc.state.nj.us
Fri Jan 19 16:41:23 GMT 2001

Has anyone tried to backup (Tar) a file from a Linux box to a Sunbox
with a tape drive connected to it? Both units are on the same network
and see eachother. The username is duplicated on both units - I can
telnet and ftp from each one. Thinking from a Unix perspective - ufsdump
would probably work if Linux recognized it? Is there another command
that could be used? I have Solaris 2.7 and Linux 2.2.5-15 (Redhat).
Samba is on both boxes and working fine. Any ideas?
Thanks   ....    Tim Lazaro