a samba server without a printer entry

Alin Osan aline at home.ro
Fri Jan 19 04:03:06 GMT 2001

On 18 Jan 2001, at 15:46, Jürgen Frank wrote:

> Alin Osan wrote:
> >
> > On 17 Jan 2001, at 8:48, Jürgen Frank wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry Alin, but your tip don't help ... I have the printer folder  on my
> > > NT Client.

Now I get it. All the tips I send to you were for a printer attached to
a Samba machine. why did you say it in the first place? :-)
I don't have a NT machine at hand now but this is a matter of share
on the NT side. Play a bit in Network in Control Panel. MS win32
has a service called "File and print sharing". Disable the print
sharing part and it will work 100% guaranteed.
Samba has nothing to do with this.

Alin Osan
Network Administrator
http://www.tryrom.com/casa