Printer sharing trouble

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Jan 15 20:57:32 GMT 2001

Alex,
Can you check your /etc/passwd file and /etc/group file and verify that the
uid and gid are actually 99 and 10000?  I have seen this same sort of
behavior when the uid or gid of the 'guest account' (by default user nobody)
was negative or > 65534...
You might also want to verify by adding the global smb.conf parameter
guest account = guestuser

and add guestuser to your /etc/passwd file, as a member of group 'users';
just as a test...
Hope this helps,
Don