Samba mounting of win2000 drives

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jan 12 04:11:44 GMT 2001

Thanks!! but now I have another problem, smbclient gives the following.
I search deja news and this is a common error message and all solutions
were to enable netbios over TCP/IP. I checked and this
is anbled but I guess I am not understanding what is meant by a netbios
name - which may be the problem??

Do you think some misconfiguration with netbios names could cause such a
problem? I can connect from the PC below runing win2000 to my SOlaris 2.6
shares.

Thanks :)

bat-531% smbclient -U% -L astro3pc
added interface ip=129.94.162.116 bcast=129.94.163.255 nmask=255.255.254.0
Domain=[PHYSICS] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
Error returning browse list: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master