Samba mounting of win2000 drives

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu Jan 11 22:40:43 GMT 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Melinda Taylor wrote:

> That is, if I run a samba server and client on my solaris machine
> obviously my windows 2000 machine will be able to see the shared solaris
> dirves through network neighbourhood but is will solaris, acting as a
> client, be able to see my shared windows 2000 drives??

It should, unless the win2k is in "native" active directory mode, or
whatever it's called. Something like 'smbclient -L win2kbox' will list the
shared drives.

You can also use smbclient as a ftp style client to access files.
smbwrapper(smbsh) should work on solaris (?) or perhaps sharity(-light),
both give you a more filesystem-like view (I assume, I haven't actually
used either ...)

/Urban