Multiple login failures problem

David L. Jarvis David at JarvisMountain.com
Thu Jan 11 12:45:43 GMT 2001

I have the same question, but here's a twist - we use WINS also
and it's NOT the Linux/Samba box.  In /etc/smb.conf I have the
name resolve order set to wins first, then host, and lastly broadcast.
So, assuming all our workstations are pointed correctly to the WINS
server, and assuming the Samba box is also pointed to it correctly,
why would there -ever- be a problem doing the reverse lookup
for a login?