Samba mounting of win2000 drives

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Thu Jan 11 06:16:38 GMT 2001

Hello :)

I was thinking of installing samba on my solaris 2.6 server. I have samba
running at home on my linux box which shares its big disks and printers
etc with my windows machines and all work ok but...before I go about
setting it up at work I have a question - does it work int he reverse way?

That is, if I run a samba server and client on my solaris machine
obviously my windows 2000 machine will be able to see the shared solaris
dirves through network neighbourhood but is will solaris, acting as a
client, be able to see my shared windows 2000 drives??

Thanks :)

Melinda