Multiple login failures problem

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Thu Jan 11 05:38:41 GMT 2001

Hmmm.  This is the exact problem I have posted several times, but this is
the first time I've actually seen someone else talk about it.

I still haven't figured out what the problem is.  Can someone draw me a map?
Why does SMB care what name to associate with the user/IP logging in?
Wouldn't this have been resolved via the NMB Browse Master system even
before login?

I know I'm missing something obvious I won't get until I press send.

-Matt