login without supplying password

James Zhao james.zhao at w-technologies.com
Tue Jan 9 20:09:16 GMT 2001

I have installed samba2.0.7 in my solaris2.6 server, here is my
question:

The user has exactly the same username and password in both NT domain
and the samba server. When the user login to the NT domain from a NT
workstation and try to map a share in the samba server, he is prompt for
the password. How can I configure the samba server so that the user
would not be asked for password? My configuration is using
"security=share".

I looked through man pages, all I found is to use "guest ok = yes", to
avoid password, but then the user is mapped as the guest account, which
is nobody. What I like is the user mapped as himself but without type in
password again.

Thanks for your help.

--
James Zhao