Upgrade Problems rh6.2 -> rh7.0

Chip Killian chkill at netscape.net
Tue Jan 9 05:33:10 GMT 2001

Thanks a bunch everyone for your help.  I finally figured it out.

The problem, it turns out - was with the reverse DNS somehow.  I don't know
how, but when I did a tcpdump, though I didn't understand most of it - I
understood that there were icmp packets that were not reaching the server.
So I looked into some newsgroups for more info about that problem, and then
ended up comparing the files like /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf and syncing
them between my two servers.  Then, after some reloads of services, the
servers were working properly.

Thanks Again -
Chip