Access Logs

Faber Fedor faberfedor at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 05:31:30 GMT 2001

--- William234 at aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Samba on a few file servers where I work.  One of the things we
> need is a clean way to log who connects to what share, at what time, and from
> what computer.

Have you looked at the % variables?  Off the top of my head, you should be able
to set the logs to be something like "log.smb.%u.%s" which will create logs
like "log.smb.fred.share1", "log.smb.ginger.share2", etc.

>  The other thing we need to log is what file was accessed by
> who, and at what time.

No idea how to do that.

=====
Sincerely,

Faber Fedor
LinuxNJ.com - Linux and Open Source solutions for New Jersey

http://www.linuxnj.com