Number of concurrent connections possible?

JON GERDES GERDESJ at gkn-whl.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 08:29:16 GMT 2001

If it helps, I currently have 500 concurrent connections running on one Samba server.  I think its limited by the kernel, so about 16,000 under 2.2.x and an utterly silly number under 2.4.x

Cheers
JG

>>> Sergey Shayevich <sshayevich at bigfoot.com> 01/06/01 04:52am >>>
Could anyone please tell me if there's a limit on a number of concurrent
connections possible on a SAMBA server being run on a Linux box?

Would there be any data access issues with having approximately 50
concurrent connections to the SAMBA server?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Sergey Shayevich