Disappearing Mounts

Grant grant at conprojan.com.au
Mon Jan 8 01:36:06 GMT 2001

I'm using kernel 2.2.18 and 2.0.7 samba. Mounted Windows 2000 shares will
still disconnect after a period of ~10 minutes. The work around was to
create a crontab that will enter the uptime (arbitary) into a file on the
Windows 2000 share every 10 minutes. This stopped it from
disconnecting. I just sorted 600 emails, so I'm sorry if this is off
subject.