Read blocked by Samba 2.0.7

Hirotomo Iwasaki iwasaki at silk.co.jp
Sat Jan 6 03:04:01 GMT 2001

Hi, there!

 "Read blocked by Samba 2.0.7"
 This began to happen when Samba 1.9.16 on HP-UX 9.07
 was up-dated to Samba 2.0.7.  Before the version up,
 a file storing common data for several Windows95 clients
 could be read at any occasion from any of the
 Window95 clients.  Now, the file read action seems
 blocked (at somewhere I do not know) if there
 is only one client application on a client.

 Strange is that the file can be read successfully
 if there are two or more clients which are reading
 the file once in every few seconds. So, there is
 no basic problem about the new version as long as
 the browsing and accessing configuration is
 concerned.

 Here is one attempt to investigate into the queer
 behavior:  I used only one client and let its read
 action kept blocked, and then I typed the contents
 of the file in DOS prompt on the very same client.
 This released the read block and the application's
 read action returned successfully.

 I am guessing some buffer might be too large for
 the file of the size of less than 1 kbytes.
 Would someone advise me to solve this problem?

 Hirotomo Iwasaki