setting up swat

The Archimage archimage at linux-magic.com
Wed Jan 3 21:56:48 GMT 2001

Cool.

Modify /etc/services like so:

swat            901/tcp

Then you should put swat in your inetd.conf file thusly:

swat        stream      tcp          nowait.400       root
/usr/local/samba/bin/swat swat

Obviously, you should correct the path if you put it in a non-standard
place.

I believe that's all I did last time I did Samba on Solaris.  I'm afraid
I am a Linux geek, and weak on Solaris.

Regards,
The Archimage

Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com wrote:

> Whoops, sorry.  It's Sun Solaris 2.8 running apache.
>

>                     The Archimage
>                     <archimage at linux-        To:     samba at us5.samba.org
>                     magic.com>               cc:
>                     Sent by:                 Subject:     Re: setting up swat
>                     samba-admin at us5.s
>                     amba.org
>

>                     01/03/2001 15:35
>

> Kinda depends on what OS you are running.  Can you tell us?
>
> The Archimage
>
> Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com wrote:
> >
> > I've looked in /usr/local/samba/swat for help
> > and even the samba source docs and can't
> > find anything on setting up swat.
> >
> > I've also looked at samba.org/samba/docs,
> > but can find a swat setup doc.
> >
> > Can some please point me in the right direction?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > daniel

                    --=-- Thomas Cameron --=--
    Red Hat Certified Engineer --=-- TurboLinux Certified Trainer
               --=-- Certified NetWare Engineer --=--
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer --=-- Microsoft Certified Trainer

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,

It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed,
	the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

	-- with apologies to Frank Herbert