Windows client password change error?

Loren Caldwell caldwell at gnumax.com
Tue Jan 2 14:19:35 GMT 2001

 I have a problem in which the Windows client isn't allowed to change the
password in a direct manner. Using the Windows control panel, Passwords, I
am only allowed to change the password by first changing the
existing password to a blank password and then changing the blank
password to the desired password.

 If I try to change the password directly I generate the error
"smbd/chgpasswd.c:check_oem_password(693)
  check_oem_password: incorrect password length (2143573292)."
in the clients log.

 I am using Slackware 7.1 and Samba-2.0.7. Any help would be greatly
appreciated...

Thanks

Loren
caldwell at gnumax.com