Networking to Win NT Workstation 4

S Chouinard susan at cloud10.com
Tue Jan 2 05:56:38 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to network Red Hat 6.2 and NT Workstation 4. I'm not sure what
I'm doing wrong, but I have Samba installed on the Red Hat machine, and I'm
trying to get my settings correct so that I can see the Red Hat computer
from the NT machine, first of all.

I can't see anything in Network Neighborhood, don't get any errors, and I'm
not able to map the network drive. I'm pretty new to Linux, so I need a
little hand-holding I guess. It's humbling! I've got the O'Reilly book,
Using Samba, and I've following the instructions to network with NT, step by
step.

No results so far, except a lot of frustration! This is only for my little
office network.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Susan