Attempting to install samba

Rod Jenkins RodJ at IowaTelecom.com
Wed Feb 28 16:45:14 GMT 2001

Hello all,

I am new to this list and to samba.  I used samba in a previous life, but
someone else installed and maintained it.

I am have a small issue that I do not know if it is resolvable.  Here it is:

I have installed samba on the server named "kirk", our master domain
controller for nt is named "picard".  They are on the same subnet.  My
clients are on a different subnet.  My client can see kirk in the network
neighborhood, but when accessed it returns "\\kirk is not accessible  The
network path was not found."

I am not sure what other info I need to provide.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Rod.