Bug Report

Alejandro Garin garin_alejandro at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 15:01:20 GMT 2001

Hello Samba Team:

I don't know if this is a bug but I have compiled
the source code for samba-2.2.0-alpha2 on Solaris 7
and cannot make the binaries.
After the "./configure" command I try "make"  and this
is the result:

[...cutting..]
Compiling smbd/oplock_irix.c
Compiling smbd/oplock_linux.c
Compiling smbd/notify.c
Compiling smbd/notify_hash.c
Compiling smbd/notify_kernel.c
Linking bin/smbd
inet_aton                           smbd/password.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output
written to bin/smbd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`bin/smbd'

I have instaled GNUautoconf.2.12, GNUautomake.1.4,
GNUgcc.2.95.2, GNUmake.3.78.1
The uname -a command shows:
SunOS casimiro 5.7 Generic_106541-08 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-5_10
The PATH environment is set correctly.

In Addition, my idea is not use samba as PDC in this
server but I want to install winbind and use the
username/password of an existing NT4 pdc server.
Is posible to do that in solaris 7?
I use winbind with linux Redhat 6.2 and work fine.

Hope that help

Regards

=====
Ing. Alejandro Garín