Win2k Profile problem

Joe Kewl thejoekewl at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 22:29:34 GMT 2001

ok, I have Samba 2.2.0alpha2 (on RedHat 6.2) up and running as a PDC, I can
add Win2k machines to the domain and the machine accounts are automatically
created. (finally!)
Now, my problem is when a user logs off the machine for the first time,
their profile is created, BUT(!) it only makes rwx permissions for SOME of
the directories in the profile, this is what I mean:

[root at samba profile]# ls -l
total 220
drwx------    4 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Application Data
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Cookies
d---------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Desktop
d---------    4 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Favorites
d---------    3 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 My Documents
-rwx------    1 renloe   users      167936 Feb 27 14:25 NTUSER.DAT
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 NetHood
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 PrintHood
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Recent
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 SendTo
d---------    3 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Start Menu
drwx------    2 renloe   users        4096 Feb 27 14:23 Templates
-rwx------    1 renloe   users        1024 Feb 27 14:25 ntuser.dat.LOG
-rwx------    1 renloe   users          20 Feb 27 14:24 ntuser.ini
[root at samba profile]#

So naturally when win2k goes to write the profile, it can't write most of it
cause it doesn't have permission to do so. Now, if I go in and manually
chmod -R 0700 the profile directory (recursivly read-write everything)  the
roaming profile then works fine. But this shouldn't be the case.  Is there a
fix for this? is this a known issue? or am I just lucky, and this only
happens to me.  Any Input would be appreciated.
Thanx

--Robert