really FRUSTRATED...

Herbert Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Feb 27 05:01:26 GMT 2001

The microsoft domain name has nothing to do with the DNS domain.
Use nmblookup -A <dns name of win2k machine> This will return
a list of names this machine has registered (alternately you could
run the command nbtstat -n on the win2k machine) The <1B> Group name
is registered by the domain master browser (which in NT land is
also the domain controller). That is the microsoft domain name.
The <20> Unique name is the netbios name of the machine.

So.... the <1B> Group name is used for the -j and the <20> Unique
name is used for the -r option.