really FRUSTRATED...

mjs mjs at digitalconscious.com
Tue Feb 27 01:49:27 GMT 2001

i would like to thank first the people tha been  trying to help,..but
unfortunetely i haven't seem to get this working...

let me explain this again,...I want to join a win2k DC to samba...i first
added the computer account on the win2k server ..

second i stared the smb daemons,..which seems fine,..now when i run

smbpasswd -j digicon (domain) -r digicon (netbios name)

i run into problems.....

now so you know when i go to properties of my computer and click on network
identification tab to find out my netbios name....this is where i run into
problems...

my FQDN is digicon.digitalconsciousness.com
domain --> digitalconsciousness.com

so -j would be digicon (domain) right??
and -r digcon also...or digitalconsciouness.com

please help with this ,..im loosing whats left of my mind...