Xerox winn printer ...

Bill Scott bscott at stockdogsaction.com
Mon Feb 26 14:59:32 GMT 2001

Hi All:
I made the mistake of buying a winn printer  ... Last year before I started
to get interested in Linux ... anyway ... xerox does not support this
printer with a linux driver ... I should be able to use samba to print to
this printer with text only ...
They do not give any information on their website and their customer
supports response we do not support you ... good bye ... I do not know which
printing type to use ... can someone tell me where to start I have looked in
all the wrong places ... so far .... thanks in advance ...

Printing Types

Variable

Definition

BSD

Berkeley Unix system

SYSV

System V

AIX

AIX Operating System (IBM)

HPUX

Hewlett-Packard Unix

QNX

QNX Realtime Operating System (QNX)

LPRNG

LPR Next Generation (Powell)

SOFTQ

SOFTQ system

PLP

Portable Line Printer (Powell)

I have Mandrake 7.1 with samba 2.0.7 working as file server and windows 98
as the local printer ...
but cannot so far get the printer to print even in text mode which is really
all I ever use anyway ...

Bill Scott