Samba slows down

Floris Jan Galesloot samba at cartoon.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 25 21:35:16 GMT 2001

I have Slackware 7.1 installed with Samba 2.0.7. Initially (let's say after rebooting), everything works fine (access with both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 prof workstations).
Then after a few hours (I don't know exactly how long), the uploading of files to the server slows down a lot (several k/sec for a 10MB network)
Downloading files from the server is ok though.
My previous system (redhat 6.2) worked fine, and I can't find out what's wrong.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Floris Jan