Samba and login classes

Bolek Vraný vrany at pascal.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sat Feb 24 15:32:41 GMT 2001

Hello,

I am the administrator of a Free BSD 4.2 + Samba 2.0.7 server and Czech
Win98 workstations. I wanted to restrict logins of some users to certain
times, so I have set up login class with times.allow and moved that
users to it. Now, if they log at console, the login time restrictions
apply. However, Samba seems to ignore them and allows login of the users
at any time. I suspect this is because the users have correct login
class entries in /etc/master.passwd, but no login class field in
/etc/passwd - but I am not sure.

Tell me please - what should I do to make Samba use login classes? Thank
you
                           Ing. Boleslav Vrany
                           Stanice techniku DDM hl. m. Prahy
                           Pod Juliskou 2a